Is technology preventing you from taking advantage of the tools that will help your business? In this article, I will be introducing you to Tech Coaches, also known as technology coaches.
Some of the things entrepreneurs and small businesses would like to do require knowing how to harness the power of computer technology. You might have always wanted create a web site, arrange for and schedule a conference bridge, create and publish a newsletter, maintain an email list that people can unsubscribe and more.
Tech Coaches are for those who like to be independant, who undertsand that things aren't always as difficult as they first appear. Tech Coaches are people who will work one-on-one with you to help you become comfortable with what ever technology comes your way. While they have the ability to do just about everything that a Virtual Assistant can do, they prefer to teach you how to use technology in a sustainable way so that you won't need the ongoing services of someone who is technology savvy.
While Tech Coaches are also more expensive up front, in the long run they will save you money by wisely making a sustainable investment in yourself.
Like Virtual Assistants, Tech Coaches do have specialties and very few will be able to address all of your eventual needs. Here is a list of some of the areas that a Tech Coach can help you learn how to:
- Create and maintain a website
- Create and maintain a blog
- Create and maintain a mailing list
- Set-up a personal computer and connect it to the Internet
- Set-up conference calls for teleseminars, teleworkshops and teleclasses
- Set-up video conferencing
- Set-up and use web based conferencing and learning tools
- Set-up on-line discussion forums
- Set-up on-line calendaring and scheduling
- Set-up a fax
- Using Office applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Using a web browser and web based email
- Using Social Media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- Promoting your web site
- Taking advantage of affiliate progams
- Podcasting and video blogging
- Setting up on-line shopping carts and payment processing
- Publishing newsletters
- Creating eBooks and audio books
- And lots more…