Congratulations on choosing Website Baker as your Content Management System (CMS) for your business. In addition to being easy to use, it's flexible enough to grow with you and your business. On this page you will find instructions on how to perform specific tasks that will come up for you from time to time.
To begin, you will need to login to your admin site, also known as the Back End. The instructions on how to do that was emailed directly to you. If you can't find it, contact us.
Changing Your Email Address
Should you ever change your email address, this is also done in the Preferences section. You will also need to change it in the Settings tab in the section at the bottom of the page called Mailer Settings.
Changing Your Timezone
If this is important to you, twice a year you will need to go into the Preferences tab to update the Timezone information as your website does not automatically change for daylight savings. The timezone affects the display of time on your website.
Pages on your website are automatically added in the menu each time you create a page. The first level of menu is always the horizontal menu across the top of your screen. The next three levels of menu appear on in the side menu of your page.
There are three section blocks (areas) of your webpages where you can place content.
- Main Content area: This is the area where most of the content will appear.
- The Side Content area: This is an optional area that appears below the side menu (or instead of the side menu if you don't have a side menu).
- Info Box: This is an optional box that only appears within the content area if used. Text will usually automatically wrap around this Info Box however large images or tables can be problematic if they overlap each others space.
You can specify one even multiple section types for any given section block. The types of page sections that you will use most often include:
- WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get): Although the acronym is not 100% accurate, this is the section type that you will use most of the time when adding text and graphics (content) on your website. You can create just about anything with this page however the section types that follow make it a lot easier to accomplish specific tasks.
- MPForm: Use this section type when you want to add a form to any page. Some uses for it include: Contact Us type pages, Registration forms for free events and to create Giveaway Sign-up boxes. This last feature can be accomplished by enabling MPForm's ability to automatically email a note back to the person who filled out the form. In the body of the email, just include a link to whatever you are giving away. It is similar in function to the much more basic "Form" section type.
- Topics: This type of section can be used to create another Blog or a News page. Any of these pages have the option of enabling or disabling comments. It is similar in function to the much more basic "News v3.5" section type.
- Menu Link: This is useful when you want to add a link in your menu that takes the visitor to a different website.
- Wrapper: Similar to Menu Link except that it makes the external websites' page appear in your webpage.
- Other section/page types such as Code are only useful for developers.
In general, unless you start having people signup for an account on your website, you will only need to set the visibility to:
- Public -- Visible to the visitors on your website.
- Private -- Visible only to you.
- Hidden -- Accessible by the visitors on your site but does not appear in any menu (but can through a link in your pages).
- None -- Not accessible at all.
Additional modules are available for download including some that are specifically designed for things like creating a photo gallery, a guestbook, an event calendar, a site map, managing a newsletter, display quotes, create a discussion forum, conducting a poll, telephone/address directory and more.
Add a comment: